I’ve always considered banana bread as one of the basics. What’s great about it is that it’s not as sweet as normal cake, so you can easily eat a few slices for breakfast with some creamy nut butter on it without feeling too heavy. This recipe has been a huge success at last week’s birthday celebrations so I had to share it! It’s super fluffy inside and the combination of banana and walnuts is just delicious. It’s a great treat to bring to a party or brunch and wonderfully simple to make!
UPDATE: I made the same exact recipe a few days ago as a cake and just covered it with a dark chocolate layer (with more walnuts and bananas on top) and it was delicious! If you keep it in the fridge a little it’ll still be incredibly moist and fluffy inside and together with the dark chocolate it’s an even better combination! You must try this!!
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- ⅛ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural walnuts (more fore toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the bananas in a medium sized bowls and mash them with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients one after another and mix everything together.
- Grease a cake tin with coconut oil and pull the mixture in.
- Put in the oven and bake at 175°C for 1 hour.
- Let cool down a little before removing from the cake tin and enjoy simple or with nut butter on top!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.