I’ve made these chocolate caramel truffles several times by now and wanted to share the recipe for a while because they are just so simple to make yet so delicious. They are the perfect afternoon snack and super easy to take to work if you’re in a rush. If you want you can add some sea- or Himalayan salt on top to give it an extra flavour. Keep them in the refrigerator or freezer and eat either chilled or let them soften a bit at room temperature!
- 2 cups pitted dates (soaked in water)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 400gr dark chocolate (75%)
- sea salt/ Himalayan salt
- Place all the ingredients for the caramel in a blender and mix until smooth (if it the dates are not soft enough, soak them in warm water for about 1 hour). If you still have problems blending add a little bit of almond milk or water.
- Put the caramel in a bowl and mix in the cacao nibs.
- Form small round balls from the caramel with your wet hands and place them on a lined baking tray.
- While you melt the chocolate place the caramel truffles in the freezer to let them form up a bit.
- Cover the truffles with chocolate and sprinkle some sea- or himalayan salt on top (optional.)
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.