Now that summer is approaching, it’s about time for some light desserts, loaded with fresh summery flavours. After making some vanilla almond mylk at home, I was left with lots of ground almonds, which I put to good use in these yummy cherry crumble bars. They go hand in hand with the cherry chia jam, so obviously if you change the jam to another fruit, you’ll get the crumble bars of this fruit! So far I only tried cherry but I can’t wait to taste all the other berries that are waiting in my freezer! 🙂 What’s great about them is that you can easily adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Personally, I loved eating them with whipped coconut cream – for which I’ll put up the recipe soon!
- 1 cup cherry chia jam
- 1 cup oat flour (make your own by blending regular rolled oats until you get a fine flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- ⅛ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅛ cup maple syrup or pure date syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare the flax 'eggs' and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix up all ingredients except for the jam in a medium sized bowl and combine (if it's too sticky, add some more oats or almond flour).
- Take out ¼ of the crumble dough and set aside in a small bowl.
- Line a brownie tin with parchment paper and place the remaining ¾ of the dough inside.
- Spread the base evenly and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- When the base is finished, take it out of the oven and spread the cherry chia jam evenly on top.
- Crumble up the remaining ¼ of dough and sprinkle it on top of the jam layer.
- Place the tin back into the oven and bake at the same temperature for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit before cutting and enjoy with some whipped coconut cream!
Recipe found on nadiashealthykitchen – made changes according to my taste!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.