Looking for an easy to make, but super tasty dessert to impress your family and friends? Here you go! For these beautiful baked apple roses, you’ll only need 4 ingredients and they are seriously one of the easiest treats to make ever. You can choose between green and red apples (or both) and take your favourite jam (the cherry chia jam works amazingly with these) or just use simple unsweetened apple sauce! You’ll end up with the perfect combination of juicy apple slices and crispy puff pastry – so yummy! They taste the best while still warm and with a tiny bit of powdered sugar sprinkled on top! 🙂
- 1 frozen vegan puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 red (or green) apples
- juice of half a lemon
- flour to sprinkle the counter
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened apple sauce (or any other jam)
- powder sugar/ cinnamon for decorating (optional)
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and let it thaw.
- Cut the apples in half, carefully remove the core (make sure not to cut out too much) and cut the apples in thin slices (the thinner the easier to fold later on).
- Place the apple slices in a bowl with water and add the lemon juice.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes (alternatively you can simmer them on the stove until soft).
- Place the pastry sheet over a lightly floured surface and stretch the dough a little, using a rolling pitch.
- Cut the dough into 6 equally sized strips (about 4 cm x 22 cm).
- Carefully spread the apple sauce on each strip (don't use too much - about 1 tsp per strip).
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and drain the apple slices.
- Place the apple slice sideways along the dough, covering half of the width of the dough.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough and carefully roll the dough up until the whole strip is formed into a rose.
- Grease a muffin tray and place the roses inside.
- Bake at 190°C for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy warm and with some powdered sugar or cinnamon on top!
- (For more thorough descriptions check out the recipe video on my Facebook page: The Tasty K)
Nutrients (estimated per rose)
Calories: 277 kcal
Carbs: 29 g
– Fiber: 2 g
– Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 3 g
Fats: 17 g
– Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
– Trans Fat: 0.0 g