After my NYC travels during the last week, I’m using the extra awake time due to the jet lag to share some more tastiness with all of you guys! These Spinach Tomato Quiche Tarts are simply delicious! I have always loved quiche and have experimented quite a lot lately to find the perfect version. Finally, I’ve settled on these tarts and I hope you’ll like it as much as my boyfriend and I do! 🙂 They are perfect for lunch with a small salad on the side or just to bring to picnics as a snack! You can throw in more spices if you like, but I’ve found that the combination of turmeric, herbs de Provence, garlic and salt/pepper to taste work amazingly! 🙂
As always, if you decide to recreate this recipe, please send me a photo or tag me on Instagram, as I love to see your remakes! You can also use the hashtag #thetastyk and I’ll repost my favourites! 🙂
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup soft coconut oil (not melted) or plant-based margarine (you might want to add some more if the dough is too crumbly - just press the dough together with your fingers and see if it sticks well)
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 400g silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried herbs de Provence (basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme)
- pinch of Kala Namak (black Himalayan salt)
- ¾ cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, cut into thin rings
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- vegan parmesan to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Make the dough by combining the flour, water, softened coconut oil (make sure it’s not melted) and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Knead the mixture into a smooth dough (you can use a hand mixer for help) and form a ball. Let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel.
- In the meantime, cut the green onions into thin rings and chops up the spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, oil, starch, spices and Kala Namak (optional). Whisk together and add in the sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and spinach one after another. Combine well and let rest in the fridge.
- Divide the dough into 12 equally sized small portions and place baking cups into a muffin tray. Use one portion per cup and evenly press the dough into the cups and make sure to press it up the sides as well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour in the tofu mix evenly into the cups and top with half a cherry tomato (you can also sprinkle vegan parmesan on top but that’s optional).
- Place the whole tray in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180°C. Let cool down a bit and serve with a fresh salad on the side, or as a single snack!
Recipe found on veganheaven – made changes according to my taste!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.