If you are as obsessed with salted caramel as I am lately, you are going to love these salted caramel almond blondies! Salted caramel basically fits with everything, but I discovered that it tastes especially amazing in between the soft warm dough of cookie bars. Usually, salted caramel is full of refined sugars and sticks to your teeth for about a week, but this caramel is completely natural, without any added sugar and purely sweetened by ooey-gooey dates! That’s why these salted caramel almond blondies are also much more healthy and wholesome than most traditional recipes. They’re also completely oil-free and can be made gluten-free, how great is that? 🙂
The layer of healthy salted caramel sauce, which is sandwiched between layers of my favourite chocolate chip cookie dough, brings this recipe to a whole new level! It’s not only extremely tasty, but also super gooey, nutty and sweet, combined with a touch of saltiness. So if you’re a big fan of chocolate chip cookie dough, caramel sauce, and sweet and salty combinations – this one’s for you!
Plus these salted caramel almond blondies are incredibly easy to throw together, all you need is a high-speed blender, a brownie tin and you’re set. They’re best when they come fresh out of the oven and are still warm, but also keep perfectly at room temperature.
If you decide to give these beauties a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Cheers and enjoy!
brownie tin 20cm x 20cm
- Cookie dough:
- 2½ cups oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- ½ cup almond milk (more if dough is too crumbly)
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax meal + 6 Tbsp water)
- 3 Tbsp almond butter, melted (or any other nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup almond milk (or any other plant-based alternative)
- dash of sea salt
- Prepare the flax eggs and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients for the dough inside a medium sized bowl and lastly add the flax eggs.
- Use a spatula and your hands to combine the ingredients to a soft dough. It shouldn't be too dry, and not too sticky, but just right so it won't stick to your hands.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into two equal parts.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/ 355°F and line a brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Take the first half and spread it evenly on the bottom of the brownie tin. Take the dough layer out and set aside. Repeat this step with the second half and leave it in the tin this time.
- Prepare the caramel by adding all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blending until creamy.
- Spread the caramel evenly on top of the dough and add the remaining dough layer on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool down a bit and eat while still warm!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.