Looking for an amazing and super delicious Vegan Burger recipe? Search no more. Cashew ‘Mozarella’ Cheeze, Smokey Bean Patty, Avocado, Caramelised Onions and Beetroot-Mustard Sauce, do I have to say more? The Ultimate Vegan Burger has it all and will satisfy your burger cravings whilst being super healthy. This burger is not only incredibly tasty, but, at the same time is jam-packed with protein, vitamins and healthy fats. My boyfriend is a real burger-person and absolutely LOVED this one! The combination of smokey, sweet and savoury flavours is just perfect and makes this master piece really delicious! 🙂
I’m sure you guys are going to love the ultimate vegan burger as much as we do! They’re:
Jam-packed with healthy ingredients
They’re not only a phenomenal crowd-please for when friends & family are coming over, but also leave you really satisfied (especially when pairing with this yummy Cashew Moxarella Cheese)
- Burger Patties:
- 1 small sweet potato, boiled
- 1 cup of borlotti beans
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, grated
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- spice mix:
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- dash of water
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Burger buns
- Cashew cheese (I halved the recipe + added 1 tsp turmeric powder)
- Rucola leaves
- Tomato, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Boil the sweet potatoes until soft and prepare the veggies as instructed.
- Place the sweet potatoes and beans in a bowl and mash them up (if you don't want whole pieces you can also use a food processor).
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the spice mix, and whisk together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pre heat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Form small burger patties with your hands and place them on the baking tray, until all the dough is gone.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- In the meantime, caramelise your onions, heat your burger buns and prepare the other toppings for the burger.
- For the sauce simply whisk together all ingredients in a bowl and add water as desired.
- When your patties are ready, assemble the burger and enjoy!
- Store for 4 days in the fridge or 3 weeks in the freezer.
If you decide to give these beauties a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Cheers and enjoy!
To save this recipe on Pinterest, simply move your mouse over the picture below and pin it!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.