These delicious Banana Bread Cake Pops are the perfect twist of the classic dessert (or breakfast)! 😉 Soft banana bread dough, filled with crunchy walnuts and coated with a yummy chocolate shell – could it get any better than this? They’re not only completely plant-based, but also refined sugar-free, oil-free and can be made gluten-free. Plus, it only takes about 30 minutes in total to make them, so simple! These Banana Bread Cake Pops are a great birthday present and will surely be a huge success at any celebration (speaking from experience here). Or, if you don’t want to make them into cake pops, just leave out the skewers and serve them as truffles! 🙂
No matter how you serve them, they taste amazing. The dough is naturally sweetened by ripe bananas and date syrup, which only gives it a slight touch of sweetness. But don’t worry, the chocolate coating will make sure your sweet tooth gets satisfied!
If you’re not a big fan of walnuts, or any nuts (due to allergies), you could simply substitute them with seeds, chocolate chips, cacao nibs or whatever you fancy! Also, in case you are sensitive to gluten, make sure to substitute the whole wheat flour with a gluten-free alternative.
If you decide to give these Banana Bread Cake Pops a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Cheers and enjoy!
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup oat flour (I simply blend oats to make my own)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or a gf flour alternative)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp date syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ cup walnuts, chopped
- 100gr vegan dark chocolate
- ½ tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and grease a small cake tin with coconut oil.
- For the banana bread, place the ripe banana into a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- Let the cake cool down for 5-10 minutes and start breaking it apart.
- Take a small portion of the bread and roll it in your hands to form little balls.
- Once you have rolled the whole bread into balls, place a skewer into each ball.
- Melt your vegan dark chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer/fridge until firm and enjoy!
To save this recipe on Pinterest, simply move your mouse over the picture below and pin it!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.