If you have been following me for a while, you’ll know that Japanese food is one of my absolute favorites! It’s healthy, it’s super easy to veganize and, above all, incredibly delicious! This Easy Vegan Ramen Soup is no exception! Although it’s summer in Europe, it can never be too hot for a tasty ramen soup – plus it’s winter in some countries around the globe, so that’s an excuse! 😉 This Easy Vegan Ramen Soup includes all my favorites: steamed bok choy (or pak choy), slightly pan-‘fried’ tofu, portobello mushrooms, spiralized carrots and nooooooodles! 🙂
Literally can’t get any better than this! I’ve made this one so many times already because my boyfriend absolutely LOVED it and it’s just so simple!
All you do is pour together the broth, and while it’s cooking, prepare your favorite toppings and voilà!
Normally, ramen noodles contain egg, so you gotta be careful and read the ingredients thoroughly. I couldn’t find any vegan ramen noodles in Cyprus so far, so instead I chose chow mein noodles, which were completely egg free (to my surprise) and equally tasty! Just be creative and work with what you have on hand! 🙂
In order for the broth not to become too salty, I used both a low-sodium veggie broth + soy sauce. I’ve found that the miso paste, in combination with the low sodium soy sauce and veggie broth makes it salty enough and gives it a really great flavor – but I guess my salt receptors are already used to less sodium, so make sure to adjust to your own taste.
If you decide to give this Easy Vegan Ramen Soup a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with and repost/share your pictures. Cheers and enjoy!
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tsp ginger (depending on how strong you like it), minced
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth OR 4 cups vegetable broth + 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tsp miso paste (brown or white)
- 4 heads bok choy
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14oz block firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 carrots, spiralizsed
- 4 serves vegan ramen noodles
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- Prepare all the veggies according to the instructions.
- For the broth, heat a medium sized pot and add the garlic and ginger. Add a splash of vegetable broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining veggie broth/water, soy sauce and miso paste and let simmer for 10 minutes. Once done, add the ramen/chow mein noodles and cook in the broth according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, prepare your toppings. Steam the bok choy, 'fry' the tofu in soy sauce, cook the mushrooms in veggie broth until soft and spiralize the carrots.
- Once the noodles are cooked, assemble your bowl. Add all the toppings, noodles and finally pour the broth in.
- Top with green onions and lemon and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.