One of the best things about fall, apart from those lush sunny-but-chilly days, is definitely pumpkin! It’s pumpkin season folks, which means that I’ve been in the kitchen eagerly whipping up one pumpkin recipe after the other! This delicious Pumpkin Grilled Cheese recipe has been waiting on my list ever since my stretchy mozarella recipe that goes great on sandwiches and pizzas! Pumpkin is not only super healthy but also extremely tasty and just happens to be the perfect addition to plant-based cheese! 🙂
This Pumpkin Grilled Cheese is loaded with the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene, vitamin A, fiber and even protein! At the same time pumpkin is relatively low in fat, hence the healthy fats from the cashews make sure that all of the goodies are properly absorbed.
With the help of my good friend tapioca, this pumpkin cheese becomes extra stretchy and melts perfectly in the sandwich toaster! I’ve never tried it on pizza but I bet it’s delicious, too!
Optimally, you would soak the cashews overnight for better digestion and to activate the nuts, but if you’re like me and forget it, no worries – simply cook the cashews with the pumpkin for 10 minutes!
As always, having a high-powered blender is essential also for this Pumpkin Grilled Cheese recipe, or else you’ll be left with a gooey stretchy mass full of small nut pieces. So for the best results make sure to blend properly until you have a perfectly smooth mixture! 🙂
If you decide to give Pumpkin Grilled Cheese a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Prepare the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes.
- Bring a pot with water to a boil, add the pumpkin, cashews and onion and let simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat, safe ½ cup of the cooking water and drain the rest.
- Add the soft pumpkin, cashews, onion and the remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stir constantly as the mixture will get stretchy very quickly.
- Once you've got a stretchy texture, take the pan off the heat and place a big scoop onto your toast.
- Use a sandwich press to prepare your grilled cheese sandwich and enjoy!
More delicious vegan & healthy recipes? Gotcha covered!
Connect with me below:
Facebook – The Tasty K
Pinterest – The Tasty K
Instagram – @thetastyk
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!