When people tell me they don’t like tofu I always feel like it’s because they don’t know how to properly prepare, spice and marinade it. Tofu is one of my favorite plant-based proteins (the organic, non-GMO ones), as it’s naturally low in fat but high in calcium and iron! I love to make tofu scrambles or create delicious marinades like these Tofu Satay Skewers. It usually takes a second to prepare and is so nutritious and tasty you just have to love it! 🙂
I’ve always had a weakness for everything peanut – but usually my creations are on the sweet side. Peanuts and peanut butter, however, goes amazingly well with savory foods! If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know that I value nut butters that are 100% nuts, without any additives like palm oil or sugar, which is why I adore the KoRo nut butters since they’re completely natural!
If you have never heard of KoRo before – you’re missing out! They’re my number 1 go-to online drug store in Europe for my favorite vegan staple ingredients like dried fruits (Medjool dates, mango, berries, etc.), superfoods, nut butters, nuts, flours, juices, coconut water, protein powders, kitchen utensils like wooden bowls or mason jars and so much more!
I get a big package delivered straight to my house every month with all the staple ingredients I need for cooking/baking this months and LOVE their concept. Their products are:
• very high quality at great prices
• mostly organic, without added sugars & 100% natural
• packed in bulk to avoid unnecessary plastic
• sourced sustainably in cooperation with local/regional farmers
• supporting fair trade & social projects
As of right now they’re only shipping in Europe – namely to the following countries: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Spain – their website is available in German, English and French!
ALSO: great news – I’ve worked out a discount code with KoRo so you’ll get a 5% discount when using the code ‘THETASTYK’ at the checkout on every order! 🙂 YAY!
I personally love to serve my skewers in a poke bowl made with rice, teriyaki oyster mushrooms, steamed bok choy or cilantro and some extra satay sauce on top, but you can basically ad them to any bowl with your favorite fillings! 🙂
If you decide to give these tofu satay skewers a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the tofu into large dices and place into the marinade. Turn each dice until the sides are covered in marinade and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the satay sauce by simply combining all ingredients in a small bowl. If you want it more on the liquid side, add more coconut milk/water and soy sauce.
- Take wooden skewers and place 5-6 marinated tofu pieces on it.
- Heat a non-stick sauce pan and place the skewers inside. Cook on each side for 30 seconds and turn. Then brush the satay sauce onto each side and cook for another 30 seconds or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve on top of rice, steamed bok choy, mushrooms, cilantro, and avocado and add toasted sesame seeds and lime on top!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!