Fruity crumble pies have been my obsession since childhood! They make these amazing vanilla pudding, apple and berry crumble pies in German bakeries that have always been my favorite! Unfortunately those, and usually also their vegan counterparts, are full of nasty fats like butter or margarine and tons of refined sugar. Hence my attempt at a healthy, refined sugar, gluten and oil-free Blueberry Crumble Pie! 🙂
It turned out so well and goes perfectly together with a generous scoop of coconut whipped cream! You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries or replace them with raspberries or strawberries if you like, which makes this Blueberry Crumble Pie an all-year-long winner. 🙂
The secret to the perfect crunchy oil-free crumble lies in the almond butter. If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know that I value nut butters that are 100% nuts, without any additives like palm oil or sugar, which is why I adore the KoRo nut butters since they’re completely natural!
If you have never heard of KoRo before – you’re missing out! They’re my number 1 go-to online drug store in Europe for my favorite vegan staple ingredients like dried fruits (Medjool dates, mango, berries, etc.), superfoods, nut butters, nuts, flours, juices, coconut water, protein powders, kitchen utensils like wooden bowls or mason jars and so much more!
I get a big package delivered straight to my house every month with all the staple ingredients I need for cooking/baking this months and LOVE their concept. Their products are:
• very high quality at great prices
• mostly organic, without added sugars & 100% natural
• packed in bulk to avoid unnecessary plastic
• sourced sustainably in cooperation with local/regional farmers
• supporting fair trade & social projects
As of right now they’re only shipping in Europe – namely to the following countries: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Spain – their website is available in German, English and French!
ALSO: great news – I’ve worked out a discount code with KoRo so you’ll get a 5% discount when using the code ‘THETASTYK’ at the checkout on every order! 🙂 YAY!
If you decide to give this Blueberry Crumble Pie a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Add the frozen blueberries to a medium bowl and let defrost at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- Add the cornstarch and maple syrup to the bowl and toss the blueberries until coated. Set the bowl aside while you make the crust.
- Add the almond flour, oat flour, oats, baking powder, and sea salt to a different bowl and whisk until combined. Add the almond butter, flax eggs and maple syrup and use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a heaping ¾ cup of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the prepared tart pan. Press the dough evenly into the pan and up the sides. Pour the blueberries over the crust, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is lightly brown. At around 20 minutes, tent the tart with foil to prevent it from getting too brown. Let cool completely before slicing into wedges and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and serve with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!