It’s fall and I’m all about those delicious spices and treats that make this season so special! While I’ve never really celebrated Thanksgiving (it’s just not a thing in Germany), I’m obsessed with those traditional recipes and how flavorful they are. That’s exactly why I couldn’t miss out this year on making a delectable Vegan Pecan Pie that brings out all those earthy flavors with a touch of caramel! If you know me and my cooking style you’ll know that this isn’t just your average Vegan Pecan Pie. In fact, as most of my recipes, also this gem is refined sugar-free, gluten-free and made without any oils! Just to keep it extra healthy, yet delicious, this Thanksgiving! 🙂
Usually pecan pies are made with tons of high-fructose corn syrup which is just so unhealthy and linked to a number of health problems including weight gain, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome and high triglyceride levels. In order to avoid those nasties, this recipe is based on a combination of flavorful pecan butter and organic date syrup. What’s the difference you ask? Organic date syrup is made from 100% organic dates, and provides amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in every serving. Although the extraction process leaves most of the health-promoting fiber behind, date syrup still contains more minerals, particularly potassium and calcium, than other sweeteners.
The result is a delicious pie which is crunchy on the outside, and gooey + extremely flavorful on the inside! It’s made with the best pecan butter and pecan nuts from KoRo – which, in case you didn’t know yet, is my go to online drugstore in Europe for my favorite vegan staple ingredients like dried fruits (Medjool dates, mango, berries, etc.), superfoods, nut butters, nuts, flours, juices, coconut water, protein powders, kitchen utensils like wooden bowls or mason jars and so much more!
I get a big package delivered straight to my house every month with all the staple ingredients I need for cooking/baking this months and LOVE their concept. As of right now they’re only shipping in Europe – namely to the following countries: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Spain – their website is available in German, English and French!
ALSO: great news – I’ve worked out a discount code with KoRo so you’ll get a 5% discount when using the code ‘THETASTYK’ at the checkout on every order! 🙂 YAY!
If you decide to give this Vegan Pecan Pie a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 1½ cup almond flour (half almond half oat flour)
- 6 Tbsp KoRo pecan butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup KoRo pecan butter
- 1 cup date syrup
- ½ cup soy milk
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/powder
- 2 cups KoRo pecans, chopped
- 1 cup KoRo pecans
- Place the crust ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a spoon or your hands until you have a sticky dough. Grease a pie tin and place the dough inside. Press down evenly with your fingers and up on the sides of the tin. Set aside and prepare the filling.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Add all ingredients, except for the pecans, into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the pecan pieces and stir until combined. Pour the pecan mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. Place your remaining pecans on top in a decorative manner and place into the oven.
- Bake at 175°C/350°F for 30 minutes. Make sure to not let the top pecans burn, otherwise cover with foil.
- Once baked, let the pie cool down completely. If you want the pie to be more firm, let it chill in the fridge for another 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!