These banana chocolate muffins are the perfect sweat treat to bring to any party, picnic or family celebration. I’ve always found that banana and chocolate is an unbeatable combination, and these beauties are the best example! I really love how well they’ve turned out. They are so soft and moist inside, the perfect texture! Unfortunately, last time I baked them our dog ate 8 out of the 12 prepared muffins (kind of shows how delicious they are, although he basically eats everything), but I’m going to make them again for the upcoming birthday celebration this weekend!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup soy yoghurt
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup crushed dark chocolate
- sliced banana
- vanilla bean powder
- Pre heat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. If you want, save about 1 Tbsp of the crushed chocolate for toppings (optional).
- Fill the muffin texture into the muffin tins (I place paper muffin cups inside, but if you prefer without grease the tin first) and bake at 175°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with banana slices and ground vanilla bean/ crushed chocolate.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.
Most of your breads and muffins have whole wheat flour, could almond or coconut flour be substituted?
Definitely! If you want a gluten free version just substitute for almond, oat or coconut flour! I also do that sometimes and it still turns out great 🙂