Growing up mostly in Germany, my childhood memories unfortunately don’t include tater tots. I just recently stumbled across several recipes on social media and immediately fell in love with them because of their shape and just how simple they are to make. Also, tater tots are a really good alternative for eating fries and I can’t wait to experiment with different kinds of potatoes and veggies to create the tastiest tater tots versions ever! What’s great about this recipe is that you really just need 4 ingredients: potatoes, zucchinis, spices and olive oil. Also, baking the tater tots instead of frying them saves lots of unnecessary calories and not only makes them super crispy but also gives it a much richer taste in my opinion. Enjoy them with ketchup or any other dips you like (I had macadamia-basil pesto and beetroot-radish mayonnaise)!
- 6-7 small potatoes
- 2 medium sized zucchinis
- salt, pepper, sweet paprika
- olive oil
- Peel and cook the potatoes until they are fork tender. Let them cool down a bit until they are comfortable to hold.
- In the meantime, grate the zucchinis and squeeze out the liquid with a kitchen towel.
- Place the grated zucchinis in a medium sized bowl and grate the potatoes.
- Add spices according to your taste and mix everything with your hands together.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper (you might not fit all tater tots on one, so eventually you'll have to line a second one).
- Use your hands to form small cylinders in the desired size and place them on the baking tray.
- Brush each tater tot with some olive oil from both sides, so they don't stick to the parchment paper and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve with desired dips (ketchup, mayonnaise,...).
Recipe found on shelikesfood – made changes according to my personal taste.