For all of you who want to incorporate more beans into your diet – listen up! This one’s a true winner! These walnut brownies are so heavenly good, I cannot recommend them enough! My boyfriend couldn’t believe that they are made without flour and refined sugar because they taste SO good! The secret ingredients are kidney beans and date syrup, hence, they are full of protein and make such a healthy treat! The perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth in the afternoon 😉 and impress your family or friends. They turned out super moist and gooey and everybody LOVED them so far! 🙂
They have already become a regular in our house and I’ve seen amazing feedback and remakes on Instagram! 🙂 Truth is, they’re just so simple to make, yet come out so delicious! If you want to cut down on the chocolate chips, you could just use more nuts or shredded coconut on top. Either way, they’re gonna taste delicious!
- 1 can black/kidney beans (15 oz)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (take less if you want to cut sugar)
- ⅛ cup pure date syrup (alternatively use 3 pitted dates)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax 'eggs' (mix 2 Tbsp flax meal with 6 Tbsp warm water)
- ⅓ cup walnut pieces
- pinch Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Place the beans and the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a high-speed blender and mix until combined.
- Line a brownie tin with parchment paper and pour in the dough mixture.
- Spread the dough evenly and place the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 175°C and let cool down before cutting into squares.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.
10/10 ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
They look good they are super soft, they smell like heaven and they do not destroy my blood sugar level ( diabetes type I) So over all a BIG SUCCESS!
I also like that it doesn’t take long to make them, I didn’t have to go find the chipped nail of a unicorn and a tail of a dragon to make these delicious brownies but I had all at home as my basic pantry ingredients!
Awww thanks Monica!!! So happy you like them as much as I do! 😀 🙂
Adriana Benedetti says
Thank you for this amazing recipe!
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that these delicious brownies are vegan, and packed with protein, too!
I’m definitely gonna try it next week.
You are most welcome! 🙂 I hope you like them!! xx
Lynn Bozof says
Do you have the nutrition info for your recipes?
I already started adding the info for the later recipes and I’ll update it for the rest of them soon! 🙂
Can I use fresh kidney beans? Do I have to soak the beans overnight?
Sure! Just make sure you soak and cook the properly so that they’re soft like canned beans!
Do you use salted kidney beans or unsalted (from a can)?
I always use canned beans. They are usually a bit salted and I just make sure to rinse them very well 🙂