Who doesn’t love a creamy vegan queso dip? 🙂 This one is one of my favourite dinners lately! It’s loaded with good nutrients and you can play with the toppings as much as you want! The secret to the creamy texture is the potato, in combination with the cashews! You can play with the spices as much as you want but I’ve found that these amounts are the best, at least for my taste! Personally, I also like to add a dash of Sriracha sauce to give it that extra kick, but that’s totally optional. I usually whip up a big green salad on the side, to add some fresh greens, but you can also just eat it as a snack!
Make sure to store the sauce in an air-tight jar in the fridge, so you can snack on it for several days. It goes amazingly with unsalted corn tortillas, but also works great on top of potatoes or rice! Feel free to experiment! 🙂 If you go with the tortillas, make sure to get unsalted ones, as the salted ones just dehydrate your body unnecessarily and are really unhealthy. Also, there are amazing unsalted options out there, which are just as tasty!
This queso dip is great for parties, picnics or just your regular lunches/ dinners! It’s heavenly creamy, vegan, oil-free and contains just the right amount of spices! I’ve made this several times by now and still love it! 🙂
- 1 big potato
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp vegetable stock + ⅓ cup water (add more for desired consistency)
- ½ cup rice milk
- ½ cup cashews (soaked in water for 4-6 hours)
- 1.5 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 green onion, cut into slices
- 1 tomato, cut into cubes
- avocado, cut into cubes
- unsalted corn tortilla chips
- Cook/ steam the potato and onion until soft.
- Place all the ingredients for the queso into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (2-3 minutes). If it's not liquid enough, add a bit more water (just be careful so it doesn't get too liquid, you want to have the creamy consistency).
- Add desired toppings and serve with unsalted corn tortilla chips!
- Store in an air tight jar in the fridge for 3 days.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.