Looking for a super simple and healthy summer treat? With this 4-ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream you’ve found it! 🙂 What I love about this is that it literally takes 5 minutes to throw all the ingredients together, blend it up and pour it into the molds. Then you just have to wait until it’s frozen, cover it with chocolate and voilà! As easy as pie! It’s the perfect treat to give to your kids (and yourself) because it doesn’t contain any additional sugar – just the natural sweetness of bananas (therefore make sure that you’re bananas are nice ripe and sweet when you freeze them).
I’ve just recently purchased a set of these amazing ice cream molds and have been wanting to try them out for while now! I’m gonna be experimenting with them and different kinds of ice creams over the next weeks, just because it’s summer time, boiling hot and everybody loves ice cream! Honestly, although there is some pretty good vegan ice cream in Israel, it’s just loaded with unnecessary sugars. Last time I ate it, I couldn’t even finish my cup because it was so sweet and my body just totally rejected it (I guess that’s a good sign). So from now on I’m gonna devour some time in making my own healthy, refined sugar-free ice cream! 🙂 Yay!
By the way, the ice cream molds are silicone ones and they’re just amazing! It’s super easy to remove the popsicles from the molds once frozen and they come with a bunch of small wooden sticks. I immediately wash the wooden sticks after eating the ice cream, so that I can reuse them for the next time! So great and saves tons of plastics! 🙂
Before eating them, make sure to let the popsicles defrost a few minutes to get a nice and smooth ice cream texture inside the chocolate shell! 🙂
- Cut the frozen bananas into chunks and throw them together with the coconut milk and vanilla bean powder into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and transfer the mixture into a small bowl.
- Add about ⅛ cup of pieces of the dark vegan chocolate and combine.
- Fill the mixture into the molds, add the wooden sticks and place them into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate with a dash of coconut oil and fully cover the popsicles. Top with crushed hazelnuts (optional).
- Store in the freezer or enjoy right away!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.