Still looking for a cheap and easy appetizer for your next celebration? Here you go! These crispy potato bites are an amazing party and dinner snack. The combination of soft potatoes, covered in a crispy batter, topped with a creamy bean whip is just perfect! And, to be honest, who doesn’t love potatoes? Plus they look kind of cute and are really easy to prepare! 🙂 And the best party, they come completely gluten-free and oil-free! But, of course you could also just take a regular whole wheat flour if you don’t care about the gluten and make it even more simple. Although they are great appetizers, they are quite filling, so make sure not to eat too many before the main course! 🙂
If you do try these crispy potato bites, let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s super helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing your recreations and adjustments. Cheers, friends!
- 8 small potatoes, washed and cut in halves
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- dash of warm water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- 14oz can white beans, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- dash of water (as needed)
- spring onions
- paprika powder
- chili flakes
- Prepare the potatoes as instructed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390F.
- Place the potato halves into a medium sized bowl and add all the batter ingredients. Use your hands to combine the batter and cover all the potato halves in it.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the battered potatoes on it, soft side facing up.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the bean whip. Place all the ingredients for the whip in a high-speed blender and combine. Add water as needed until you get a creamy but smooth consistency.
- Add the whip to a reusable piping bag and, once the potatoes are baked and cooled, pipe the whip on top in the desired shape.
- Top with spring onions, paprika powder and chili flakes for some spiciness.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.