It’s this time of the year again and I couldn’t be more excited! 🙂 When you’re travelling and living abroad for a long time like I do for the past 8 years you start to cherish those happy holidays and joyful memories from your childhood. For me, christmas is all about the pre-christmas time. The music, the smells, the cold and, of course, the sweets! Christmas sweets are probably my favourite as they bring up lots of nostalgic memories of baking sessions with my mum and my brother. Usually, however, they are loaded with sugar and fatty animal products. This is why I’m dedicating this year’s pre-christmas time to baking healthy and delicious treats for everyone to enjoy! 🙂 And these vegan christmas pralines are right up my ally!
They are not only completely sugar-free, but also gluten -and oil free! How great is that? Naturally sweetened by dried figs and topped of with a crunchy chocolate coat – so YUM! As marzipan is the one ingredient that I associate 100% with christmas, I figured why not include it? And guess what, the texture and taste is the perfect fit! I’m so happy that they turned out so great and since they only take about 15 minutes to make, I’ll definitely be making these a lot. They not only taste amazing but also look super cute and, hence, are the perfect giveaway for friends and family! 🙂
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! If you decide to give these beauties a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Cheers and enjoy!
- Raw marzipan:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried figs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp water
- dark vegan chocolate 300gr or raw chocolate sauce (recipe in here)
- desiccated coconut
- crushed walnuts
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- dried figs, cut into pieces
- raw cacao nibs
- First make your raw marzipan. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and combine until your get a paste. Use your hands to form a ball or the shape of a log and place into the freezer.
- In the meantime, place your oats and walnuts into a high-speed blender and pulse until you get a crumbly flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. If the raw dough is too sticky add more oats, it should be easy to handle.
- Take the marzipan out of the freezer, cut of small pieces and form into small round balls with your hands.
- Take a bit from the raw dough, roll it into a ball shape, press down the surface, place one marzipan ball inside and cover it with the sides until the marzipan ball is completely covered and hidden inside the praline.
- Repeat until all the dough is done and let the pralines firm up in the freezer.
- Melt your dark vegan chocolate or mix up the raw chocolate sauce and cover the pralines.
- Topped with seeds, crushed nuts or any other desired toppings and let dry in the freezer.
- Store in air-tight container and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.