As summer is approaching I’ve made it my mission to develop a handful of the most delicious vegan ice cream recipes! As I was waking up one morning, I had the glorious idea of combining my favorite two things: cookie dough and ice cream! Say whaaat? The result of this match made in heaven is this gorgeous Cookie Dough Magnum! Magnums are my all time favorite ice cream bars and remind so much of my childhood – it’s a shame that you can’t buy healthier vegan versions all across the globe yet (except for the US and Canada apparently – envy much), but we’ll get there eventually. If you’ve been following me for a while you might know that I’ve already created a delicious Salted Caramel Magnum which is – until today – my most popular recipe on the blog!
While salted caramel is all yummy and nice – cookie dough is just next level deliciousness! Now imagine a creamy vanilla ice cream core, surrounded by a soft cookie dough layer, topped with a light chocolate shell – if your mouth is not watering by now, just look at the photo again – it’s kind of self-explanatory! 🙂
I have already made this recipe 3 times over the past week as we had friends over and they finished the cookie dough magnum in a second. By the way, non of them is vegan and they were licking their fingers for more! 🙂 Always a great sign if you ask me…
While developing the recipe I tried to keep it as simple as possible and make it compliant for all sorts of diets! It’s:
refined sugar-free (optionally)
and extremely yummy!
In case that you have a serious nut allergy, try replacing almond flour with oat-flour and add a bit more of seed butter (replacing the nut butter) – it’ll work the same!
Now, all you’ll need for this recipe is a good quality high-speed blender, so that there won’t be any cashew pieces left and these ice cream molds. These molds just really give that authentic magnum look which adds some extra cuteness .I always make sure to immediately wash the wooden sticks after eating so that I can use them again.
If you try this cookie dough magnum recipe, please let me know in the comments below how you liked it and tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #thetastyk so that I can see all you amazing recreations! 🙂
- Cookie Dough:
- 4 Tbsps peanut butter
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract/powder
- 1 cup almond flour (you can make your own by blending blanched almonds)
- 2 Tbsps dairy-free chocolate chips (for a refined sugar-free version replace with cacao nibs)
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or at least 6 hours)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream (full fat - only the firm part)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract/powder
- 80gr iChoc classic chocolate or dark vegan chocolate
- For the cookie dough - combine the peanut butter with the maple syrup in a bowl and whisk together. Add in the remaining ingredients and combine until you can form a sticky/oily cookie dough ball with your hands.
- Take about a Tbsp of the cookie dough and place it into the silicone mold. Use your fingers to press it down and up the sides (sides should be thinner than bottom) leaving an empty hole in the middle.
- Carefully add the wooden sticks into the mold and readjust the cookie dough in case it moves.
- For the cream filling - simply add all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend on high until you have a creamy mixture.
- Pour about 1-2 Tbsp into the empty middle of each mold, spread the mixture evenly and place into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the cream mixture is firm, add a layer of cookie dough on top closing the cream filling up inside.
- Place the mould back into the freezer until firm. In the meantime, melt the chocolate. Dip each magnum in chocolate until covered and place back into the freezer.
- Let defrost for 1-2 minutes before serving!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!