When people tell you to eat the rainbow – why not do it in the form of this stunning Rainbow Cheesecake? 😉 You know I’m not a fan of nasty artificial stuff and always try to keep my desserts as healthy and wholesome as possible and this beauty is no exception! It is 100% dairy-free, refined sugar-free, colored with natural superfoods and even oil-free! This is such a stunner for special occasions and, in particular, also for children which is why I made it as allergen friendly as possible. I never understood why all those child-marketed sweets out there are so unhealthy. It’s like giving poison to your kid, making them addicted to refined sugars and fat from very early on! I’ve experienced quite a while with the texture of this rainbow cheesecake as I wanted to avoid the huge amounts of coconut oil that most raw vegan cakes are filled with. And I gotta say – it turned out a complete success! This cake is as creamy as it gets and not only very pleasing for the eye but actually tastes amazing!
It really came out perfectly and was such a HUGE success with everyone who tried a piece! It’s really just amazing when you think that these colors and tastes are achieved by only plants! Can you believe that this cake is in fact all naturally colored with different superfood blends made from vegetable roots, fruit, spices, flowers and even algae (don’t worry you don’t actually taste them)? 😉 I’d go for the extra health boost and beautiful colors every single time before I’d buy any of those artificial supermarket food colors.
Lucky for us we don’t even need to start experimenting ourselves as the lovely folks over at Unicorn Superfoods have created the most amazing color blends! I’ve been using their superfood powders for so many things lately and love adding them to my smoothies, homemade plant milks and desserts, of course! If you haven’t heard of them until now – don’t panic – they ship internationally so just check out their Facebook & Instagram to see some more glorious creations!
For this Rainbow Cheesecake I have worked with 5 different superfood powders of theirs: berrylicious blend, tropicana blend, ocean blend, alkalising blend and their pitaya powder! I could have even added another layer of red with their antioxidant blend if I wanted to get all the colors in! 🙂 Their powders are absolutely fabulous and such a fun way to experiment with plant-based colors while adding some extra vitamins to your creations!
Now, I gotta say – if you’re not a fan of coconut/cashews you might want to skip this recipe! As most raw cake recipes out there the creamy cheesecake-like texture is achieved through a combination of coconut milk, cashews, and coconut butter (NOT oil) with some few extras like vanilla and lime to achieve that tangy aftertaste. I was actually quite surprised how the addition of coconut butter took away all the ice crystals that you usually get when making oil-free raw cakes. It even holds completely firm in the fridge which is really not a given and one of the reasons that I’m SO please with this new rainbow cheesecake! 🙂 It took me a while but eventually I managed to create the perfect wholesome vegan cheesecake without any nasties!
Oh – did I mention already that it’s also gluten-free? 😀 The crust is made from a combination of walnuts, almonds and the best Medjool dates you can get your hands on in Europe. If you’re struggling to find those juicy high quality jumbo dates in Europe check out KORO – they have a German, UK and French online shop and deliver all over the EU. And if you wanna save a little bit use ‘THETASTYK’ for 5% off! I’m getting a box of their’s delivered straight to my doorstep every month with all the best wholesome vegan goodies!
I’m super eager to hear your thoughts on this wonderful Rainbow Cheesecake so if you decide to give this beauty a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk so I can share your remakes on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (alternatively you could use dried figs)
- 1½ cup raw walnuts (or half-half oats/almonds/coconut)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked for min. 6 hours
- 1 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 (15oz) can full-fat coconut milk (make sure it's at room temperature or it will harden up the coconut butter)
- 1 cup water
- juice and zest of 1 organic lemon/lime
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1 tsp UnicornSuperfoods berrylicious blend
- 1 tsp UnicornSuperfoods ocean blend
- 1 tsp UnicornSuperfoods alkalizing blend
- 1 tsp UnicornSuperfoods tropicana blend
- 1 tsp UnicornSuperfoods pink pitaya
- Line the bottom of a 20cm round cake tin with parchment paper.
- Add all your crust ingredients into a food processor/high speed blender and pulse until you get a sticky dough. Place the dough into the cake tin and use your fingers to press down evenly. Place into the freezer to chill.
- For the filling simply add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 60 seconds until completely smooth. Divide the filling equally into 6 different bowls. Add about 1 tsp of the 5 UnicornSuperfood blend to each bowl and blend each layer separately (make sure to clean your jug in between).
- Pour the first layer onto the crust and use a spoon to even out the filling. Place into the freezer for min. 30 minutes until firm and repeat this step with all the other layers. Finish with a final white cream layer and add some colorful sprinkles/colored desiccated coconut/other decorations on top and freeze for another 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Carefully remove the tin and let it thaw a bit before cutting into pieces. Store in the fridge for 3 days and freezer up to 2 months.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!