Who doesn’t know and love those little chocolate bundles aka Ferrero Rochers? They have been one of my favorite childhood treats and I have very fond memories of finding them on my ‘sweet plate’ under the christmas tree every single year when growing up. After the recent successes of my Vegan Kinder Bueno and Vegan Magnum it was about time to tackle another classic: the Vegan Ferrero Rocher! 🙂 The goal was to create the same melt-in-your-mouth feel with a slight crunch that you get when biting into the real thing and – oh boy – did I deliver! With only 4 ingredients these chocolaty beauties came out perfectly!
Since you’ve been asking me for the recipe for 3 days straight after posting a photo of the Vegan Ferrero Rocher on my Instagram, I can finally reveal the secret formula behind this amazing treat! I’m so happy with the final result as they literally are so fudgy that they will melt right in your mouth. Imagine a crunchy coating, a chocolate fudge filling with a secret hazelnut core, who else is drooling right now?
The secret to this Vegan Ferrero Rocher lies in the creaminess of iChoc’s Super Nut vegan chocolate. I’ve been a long term partner of iChoc and truly love their chocolates. If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re easily my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
The super nut flavor is legit the easiest way to make this Vegan Ferrero Rocher as it’s already full of hazelnut and rich flavors. So there really is no need for additional added sugars! A combination of the iChoc chocolate, hazelnut butter and some coconut cream achieves the perfect creamy consistency, without the addition of any fancy ingredients. Like this it really is the perfect simple but divine treat to prepare for holidays or celebrations!
After your amazing feedback I can’t wait to see all your remakes, so if you decide to give these Vegan Ferrero Rochers a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 160g iChoc Super Nut
- ½ cup full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup hazelnut butter (you can make your own to save money)
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (1/2 whole + ½ chopped)
- Take the iChoc Super Nut chocolates and place them on a chopping board. In order to avoid big hazelnut pieces, chop the chocolate into small pieces to crunch the hazelnuts.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and melt over a water bath until smooth.
- Add in the coconut cream and hazelnut butter and stir until combined. Place the bowl into the freezer for minimum 2 hrs or until firm.
- Once firm, scoop out some of the mixture and roll in your hands into a small truffle (this is really messy but it'll be worth it). Take a hazelnut and press into the center of the truffle. Finally, roll the truffle in the chopped hazelnut pieces until completely covered and place on a lined tray. Repeat this step until the chocolate mixture is gone.
- Place the tray back into the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Let the Vegan Ferrero Rochers defrost at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!
OMG! I loved Ferrero Rocher before I went vegan, and I really miss it… You are a lifesaver, thank you so much for this amazing recipe!!!
I absolutely love your blog, it is gorgeous and full of awesome recipes, I already saved a lot of them. 🙂 I also like that you include videos, they are so good.
Great job, Kirsty! I wish my blog could be as good as yours. 🙂
Ohh thanks you SO much Suzie! 🙂 That’s so awesome! Happy you like the recipes and videos! xx