When people tell you to eat the rainbow – why not do it in the form of these stunning Rainbow Pancakes? 😉 You know I’m not a fan of nasty artificial stuff and always try to keep my dishes as healthy and wholesome as possible and these beauties are no exception! They are 100% dairy-free, refined sugar-free, colored with natural superfoods and can even be made oil-free! These are such a stunner for special occasions and, in particular, also for children! Just imagine waking up to these on your birthday morning! These Rainbow Pancakes are the perfect combination between fluffy and beautiful! 🙂
I wasn’t quite sure how the colors would work in baked good, but they actually turned out great! So far I had only used superfood powders in raw dishes like smoothie bowls or cakes (check out my Rainbow Cheesecake), so I was super eager to try!
Can you believe that these Rainbow Pancakes are in fact all naturally colored with different superfood blends made from vegetable roots, fruit, spices, flowers and even algae (don’t worry you don’t actually taste them)? 😉 I’d go for the extra health boost and beautiful colors every single time before I’d buy any of those artificial supermarket food colors.
Lucky for us we don’t even need to start experimenting ourselves as the lovely folks over at Unicorn Superfoods have created the most amazing color blends! I’ve been using their superfood powders for so many things lately and love adding them to my smoothies, homemade plant milks and desserts, of course! If you haven’t heard of them until now – don’t panic – they ship internationally so just check out their Facebook & Instagram to see some more glorious creations!
For these Rainbow Pancakes I have worked with 6 different superfood powders of theirs: berrylicious blend, antioxidant blend, tropicana blend, ocean blend, alkalizing blend and their pitaya powder! 🙂 Their powders are absolutely fabulous and such a fun way to experiment with plant-based colors while adding some extra vitamins to your creations!
I’m super eager to hear your thoughts on these wonderful Rainbow Pancakes so if you decide to give these beauties a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk so I can share your remakes on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or swap with 1 Tbsp nut butter)
- 1 ripe banana (alternatively 1 Tbsp maple syrup)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Alkalizing Blend
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Ocean Blend
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Berrylicious Blend
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Tropical Blend
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Pink Pitaya
- ½ tsp Unicorn Superfoods Antioxidant Blend
- Place the banana into a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and flax egg and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and combine until you got a smooth mixture. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Separate the batter into 6 different batches and add about ½ tsp of each blend into the bowls. Combine and let rest for another minute.
- Heat a pan over medium heat (if you have a non-stick ceramic pan you won't need oil - otherwise add a little bit). Add about ¼ cup of the mixture at a time to the pan to make one pancake.
- Once there's a few bubbles building you can carefully flip the pancake (usually takes about 20 seconds). Let cook for another 30 seconds and transfer to a plate. Repeat this step until the batter is gone.
- Add some nut butter, hemp seeds, and figs with a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!
Leave a Reply