I’be been very busy in the kitchen lately as it’s prime recipe season for any food blogger out there (hello Thanksgiving and Christmas)! 🙂 One of my newest creations are these beautiful Vegan Millionaire’s Bars. Just imagine a chewy crust, super fudgy cashew caramel and a crunchy chocolate coat on top – this is what dreams are made of (mine at least)! 😉 Traditionally, Millionaire’s Bars got their name from their decadent layers, which makes it the perfect rich dessert for any occasion!
I’ve been wanting to create a similar, yet updated version to my Salted Caramel Chocolate Slices for a while now – and whilst Vegan Millionaire’s Bars are very different they do have a similar look!
Going with the decadent theme here I decided to go with a cashew caramel middle layer and it came out SO good! 🙂 I just might have eaten 3 of these beauties for breakfast this morning! 😛
These Vegan Millionaire’s Bars are made with the best cashew butter and cashew nuts from KoRo – which, in case you didn’t know yet, is my go to online drugstore in Europe for my favorite vegan staple ingredients like dried fruits (Medjool dates, mango, berries, etc.), superfoods, nut butters, nuts, flours, juices, coconut water, protein powders, kitchen utensils like wooden bowls or mason jars and so much more!
I get a big package delivered straight to my house every month with all the staple ingredients I need for cooking/baking this months and LOVE their concept. As of right now they’re only shipping in Europe – namely to the following countries: Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Spain – their website is available in German, English and French!
ALSO: great news – I’ve worked out a discount code with KoRo so you’ll get a 5% discount when using the code ‘THETASTYK’ at the checkout on every order! 🙂 YAY!
If you decide to give this Vegan Pecan Pie a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Line a 20cm x 20xm brownie tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the crust by adding the oats and nuts into a food processor/blender. Pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and pulse a few times until you have a sticky dough. Place the dough into the brownie tin and use your hands to press down evenly (you can use a spatula to even out the surface). Place into the freezer.
- For the caramel, heat up a sauce pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients and stir until smooth for 2 minutes. Poor the caramel over the crust layer and even out. Place into the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once the caramel layer is firm, melt your dark chocolate and poor it over the caramel. Even out the layer carefully and place back into the freezer for 5 hours. Make sure it's completely firm before cutting it, otherwise the layers won't come out as clean. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.