As Christmas is approaching rapidly I’ve been busy in the kitchen creating festive holiday treats for y’all! These Nougat Cinnamon Cupcakes are the latest addition to my list of favorite holiday desserts. They are the perfect little addition to any Christmas brunches, potlucks, or other festive celebrations! 🙂 Just imagine a fluffy cinnamon dough topped with a deliciously rich nougat cream frosting, covered in edible glitter – just because it’s Christmas and I’m feeling a little bit extra! 😉
The secret to the richness in the frosting lies in the creaminess of iChoc’s White Nougat Crisp vegan chocolate. This one is my all-time favorite of iChoc, it’s a combination of delicious white chocolate, nougat and some crispy pieces thrown inside.
I’ve been a long term partner of iChoc and truly love their chocolates. If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re easily my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
Adding some Christmassy sugar sprinkles and edible glitter on top just makes these Nougat Cinnamon Cupcakes even more decadent and festive. Despite the looks these cupcakes are actually super easy to make and take no time at all. The cupcakes themselves are ready in no more than 20 minutes and once the frosting has firmed up in the fridge you got yourself some delicious cupcakes!
I always love to see your remakes, so if you decide to give these Nougat Cinnamon Cupcakes a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- ⅛ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp plant milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsps almond butter
- 1 Tbsp dairy-free butter (optional)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 40g iChoc Nougat Crisp, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar (optional, depending on taste)
- First make the frosting. Place the iChoc Nougat Crisp chocolate into a small bowl over a water bath and melt it. In a separate bowl, place almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, powdered sugar and dairy-free butter. Use a hand mixer to combine. Once the chocolate has melted, pour it into the frosting mixture and mix until smooth. Place into the fridge for 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and line a cupcake tin with paper baking cups.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the plant milk and the apple cider vinegar and let rest for 5 minutes (to turn into ‘buttermilk’). Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and combine.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a separate bowl. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and combine until you have a smooth batter (careful not to over mix).
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups until ⅔ full. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag and decorate each cupcake to your own liking. Add sprinkles, glitter or enjoy like this!
Leave a Reply