Since you have been loving my last Miso-Roasted Cauliflower recipe, showing what I normally cook during weekdays, I thought I’ll bring you another one of my absolute favorites: Tahini Buckwheat Noodles. This beautiful dish is not only completely vegan and gluten-free, but also ready in only 20 minutes! It’s really just perfect when you have no time or energy, after a long day at work and just want a quick and tasty fix that’s still healthy without compromising on taste! 🙂
These Tahini Buckwheat Noodles are definitely my boyfriend’s favorite, so in our household this dish is always a winner! 🙂 It really is the perfect combination of creamy noodle goodness with some crunchy- and squishiness! Apart from that, it’s loaded with nutrients – covering your daily recommended amounts of 36g protein, 12g fiber, 0.6mg manganese and way over 100% of your Vitamin A, C and K!
Tahini is definitely amongst my favorite nut/seed butters as I love its earthy taste and the fact that it’s full of healthy fats and amino acids. I always buy either whole or regular tahini and try to switch it up from time to time. Whole tahini is dark brown and much richer in its earthy taste!
If you decide to give these Tahini Buckwheat Noodles a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk so I can share your remakes on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 80g (2.8 oz) buckwheat noodles
- 1 small sweet potato, julienned (can be subbed with carrot)
- 4-5 broccoli florets
- 100g (3.5 oz) smoked tofu, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4-5 Tbsp water
- sesame seeds
- lemon juice
- Wash and cut the veggies.
- In a medium-size pot, bring water to boil and prepare buckwheat noodles according to instructions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato, tofu and broccoli, add a splash of water and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your sauce by whisking all ingredients together.
- Once the noodles are ready, place them into the saucepan, add the sauce and combine.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of lemon juice and sesame seeds.