As summer is approaching it’s about time I started bringing out those ice cream recipes! These Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect easy treat to cool down these coming months! 🙂 They’re not only vegan and gluten-free, but only require 6 ingredients and on top of that are completely refined sugar-free and oil-free. Talk about a healthy snacks! Ever since I’ve posted these beauties on my Instagram you’ve been dying to get the recipe, so here it is. 🙂
These are by far the most simple and healthiest ice cream sandwiches I’ve ever made, as they don’t need tons of ingredients and are ready in no time!
The great thing about this recipe is not only its simplicity but also its versatility! Personally I think the combination of peanut butter and salty pretzels is divine, but if for some reason you’re not a fan of peanut butter, feel free to substitute with any other nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.). You could even make it completely nut-free by using sunflower seed butter! Similarly, the maple syrup can be replaced with another liquid sweetener and the oat flour can easily be substituted with almond flour.
If you decide to give these Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk so I can share your remakes on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Cookie Sandwiches:
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond, cashew, sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup oat flour (or almond flour)
- 4 medium frozen bananas, chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 2-3 Tbsp plant milk
- salt pretzels
- chocolate chips
- peanut halves
- Place all your nicecream ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until you have a thick mixture (use your tamper tool). Line muffin tins with parchment handles and divide the nicecream mixture equally among them, then place into the freezer for 1 hour until firm (might need longer depending on how cold your freezer is).
- In the meantime, place the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla into a bowl and use a whisk to combine until smooth. Add in the oat flour and combine until you have a sticky mixture.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the batter to desired thickness and a cookie cutter to cut out circular shapes. Alternatively form small dough balls and press them down into round cookies. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, take a pretzel and press it down into the middle and place the sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you prefer baked cookies, bake them for 5-6 minutes at 175°C/350°F and let cool down completely.
- Once firm, take the nicecream and cookies out of the and place the one nicecream circle in between two cookies. Roll in chocolate chips or peanuts and place back into the freezer until ready to eat!