Just in time for the heatwave I’ve created a new, mouthwatering recipe for this vegan Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream! It is legit my favorite ice cream recipe I’ve come up with so far because, let’s be honest here, what’s better than cookie dough, chocolate and creamy vanilla ice cream? 🙂 Nothing I can think of! Plus it’s not only 100% dairy-free meaning it’s perfect for anyone who is intolerant to lactose, but also completely gluten-free.
If you’re looking for more ice cream recipes now that summer is approaching, check out these:
Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches
Vegan Magnum Ice Cream
Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
Healthy 3-Ingredient Ice Cream
This is the first ice cream recipe that I’ve actually used an ice cream machine with. Let me say, I was really skeptical if I’d actually need one, because how much ice cream do I really make every year (probably like 3-5 times)? But, to my surprise it’s an absolute GAME CHANGER.
Now you don’t need a fancy one. In fact I just went to the closest store and got a $30 one (which was the cheapest they had) but it gets you SUCH improved results in terms of creaminess. It literally gives you that ice cream shop gelato über creamy goodness that makes ice cream so worth it!
The special secret ingredient for this Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream is the iChoc vegan cookie chocolate! Cookie dough is all good and everything but this chocolate really takes it to the next level!
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you decide to give this Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Ice Cream:
- 1 15oz (400ml) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1⅓ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ⅛ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 20g iChoc Cookie Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 40g iChoc Cookie Chocolate, roughly chopped
- The night before, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer and soak your cashews overnight in water.
- Add all ice cream ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and chill in the freezer for 1.5 hours
- Scoop the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions - about 20-30 minutes until it reaches the consistency of soft serve.
- In the meantime, make your cookie dough. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla to a bowl and whisk together. Add in the flour and chocolate chunks and combine until you have a sticky dough ball.
- Once the ice cream is thick like soft serve, add in ¾ of the cookie dough, crumbling it with your hands as you add it in.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and sprinkle the remaining bits of cookie dough and chocolate chunks on top for extra texture. Freeze for at least 2-4 hours or until firm before serving.
- Set out for 15-20 minutes before serving to soften. Will keep for up to 1 week, though best when fresh.
Leave a Reply