Cheesecake Brownies. Vegan Cheesecake Brownies. Do I need to say more? 😀 I literally can’t imagine anyone not liking these delicious squares. They combine the best out of two popular desserts. Oeey-gooey chocolate brownies and smooth, rich cheesecake! Yum! These Vegan Cheesecake Brownies are just worth making, as they’re really simple and quick to prepare but are absolutely mouthwatering! 🙂
The ingredients are quite simple and can be found anywhere – except for maybe vegan yogurt? But I figured that by now any bigger city around the world should stock some sort of soy/almond/coconut yogurt in their range, shouldn’t they?
What’s important with these brownies is the baking time. I’d advise baking them anywhere between 30-40 minutes. The ones from the pictures have been baked 40 minutes and I’d almost say 35 would have been their sweet spot for ultimate gooeyness! I’ll try that next time.
If you decide to give these Vegan Cheesecake Brownies a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- Brownies layer:
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (28g) cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4oz (120g) dark vegan chocolate, melted
- ⅓ cup (60ml) vegan butter/coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ cup (80ml) soy/almond milk
- 1 cup (240ml) vegan yogurt
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup (85g) vegan chocolate chips
- Place the flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl and whisk together.
- Melt the chocolate and add the butter, vanilla extract, almond butter and milk to it. Whisk together until you have a smooth mixture, then add to the dry ingredients. Combine with a spatula and set aside.
- Place the cashews, vegan yogurt and cornstarch into a high-speed blender and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Line a 8" (20cm) brownie tin with parchment paper, grease the sides preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Scoop ½ of the brownie batter into the tin and spread evenly. Add the cheesecake mixture on top and even out carefully. Add the remaining ½ of the batter on top and use a toothpick or fork to create swirls.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes (depending on how gooey you want them). Let cool down for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Hello, how long do i have to soak the cashew for? thank you
i usually soak them over night but 6-8 hours will also do
hello, i tried making this yesterday, the cheese layer was little watery is it normal?
I tried out this recipe and all of my family members loves it
So happy to hear you all loved it!
It’s suuupeer nice and dead easy to make
Any suggestions on how can we store it to make it last longer?