These Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies are the ultimate vegan treat! They’re not exactly healthy, but sometimes that’s also ok! 🙂 Instead they’re the perfect balance between soft, chewy and packed with delicious vegan caramel! I don’t know about you but I’m an absolute sucker for chocolate chip cookies, especially if they also have caramel chunks in the and a bit of salt pieces on top! Does it get any better than this? 🙂
Before you ask, the vegan caramel chunks are from a German brand called Kuhbonbon, which I found in the vegan supermarket Veganz, while in Berlin. I’m pretty sure they also have those in other countries, so you just gotta do a bit of research.
My favorite way to enjoy these Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies is, of course, with a glass of cold almond or soy milk, but that’s just me! 🙂 They’re also fabulous just on their own.
f you decide to give these Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegan caramel toffee chunks
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the softened (not melted) vegan butter and sugar in a bowl. Use a whisk or hand mixer to combine until crumbly. Add in the soy milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract and continue whisking.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and combine into a smooth batter with a spatula. Add in the vegan chocolate chips and caramel chunks and combine.
- Take a melon or ice cream scoop, form small cookie balls (I’ve made around 15) and place them on the baking sheet, a few inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, then let cool down slightly before serving.
Cyndi Howey says
I was wondering what the nutritional value of these scrumptious cookies are.
Would be possible to get that information please?