This Herby Tofu Feta is my new favorite staple recipe! I’ve literally made this every week now since trying the recipe and just put it on everythang! From salads to pasta and even sandwiches, I simply can’t get enough of this stuff. I’ve found that the longer you keep this Herby Tofu Feta in the fridge to marinade the better it gets, which is difficult because who can resist leaving this beauty untouched for so long? Hence I highly recommend doubling the recipe or just making 2 batches in separate jars, just to be on the safe side! 🙂
This Herby Tofu Feta is legit one of the simplest yet tastiest recipes to make. The most ‘difficult’ part of the recipe is to press the water out of tofu so it can soak up the marinade – which is really not difficult at all! All it takes (if you don’t have a professional tofu press yet) is some paper towels and a heavy object (like books). Just check out the video below for further guidance!
Also, if you have never experimented with vegan cheezes before, make sure to check out my other recipes:
If you decide to give this Herby Tofu Feta a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 200g tofu
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Drain and rinse your tofu block and place it between a number of folded paper towels. Place something heavy on top (like books) and let it sit for at least 1 hour, then dice it.
- Prepare your marinade by whisking all remaining ingredients together.
- Place the tofu cubes in an airtight jar, add the marinade, close the jar and gently shake for a few seconds to make sure the tofu is well covered.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours (better overnight).