This Chocolate Cookie Mousse Tart is the perfect vegan dessert for when you don’t have tons of time to whip up some complicated layered cake, but still want something decadent, pretty and above all tasty! Made with a 2-ingredient crust made from vegan oreo-style cookies (or any other vegan cookie you fancy) and oil, followed by a simple throw-in-your-blender 6-ingredient filling! As easy as pie! 🙂
The mousse filling is made from silken tofu which gives it this deliciously smooth finish with a few cookie crumbles left from the chocolate on the inside! The great thing about this cake is that texture wise it’s really versatile. If you like it quite mousse-y, keep it like this, if you want it more firm, add some more coconut cream/oil to the filling so it firms up a little and voila – you have your perfect texture.
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you decide to give this Chocolate Cookie Mousse Tart a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 154g vegan oreo-style cookies
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, melted
- 14oz (400g) silken tofu, extra firm
- ¾ cup (170g) coconut cream, chilled (firm part only)
- 240g iChoc cookie crumble chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) coconut oil, melted
- ⅛ cup (10g) cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- crumbled oreos
- Line an 8” (20cm) cake or tart pan with baking paper.
- For the crust, simply place the cookies into a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add in the oil and pulse some more until you have a sticky mixture.
- Transfer to the pan and press down evenly, then place in the freezer.
- Melt your chocolate and set aside. Place all remaining filling ingredients, together with the chocolate in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and even out, then place in the freezer for min. 4 hours.
- Decorate with more cookies and raspberries and serve!
Do you need tree oil for the filing?