This deliciously soft Lemon Poppyseed Cake is the perfect combination between sweet and tangy! It’s so light and fluffy it almost melts in your mouth. I’m a huge fan of lemon cakes and have been loving to see your remakes of this beauty! 🙂 Instead of the classic sugar glaze, I’ve topped mine with delicious vegan white vanilla chocolate (from my favorite brand iChoc). In case you’re bored during these days, this really is the ideal easy and fast baking project!
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you know me you’ll know that I’m obsessed with the poppyseed flavor! While I’m working on an amazing poppyseed crumble cake at the moment, in the meantime you can get the best of both flavors in this Lemon Poppyseed Cake! 🙂
If you decide to give this Lemon Poppyseed Cake a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 2 cups (300g) all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (8g) poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest of 2 lemon
- ½ cup (120)ml lemon juice
- ½ cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup (160ml) plant milk
- 160g iChoc white vanilla, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and combine to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin and even out. Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool down a bit before taking out of the tin and cover with melted white chocolate.
- Let the chocolate firm up before slicing and serving.