It’s time for another sweet indulgence with the name of Nougat Crisp Bars! As the weather is getting better in Germany I’ve become more and more obsessed with raw and freezer desserts. These Nougat Crisp Bars give you the right balance between crunchy and smooth rich layers of sweetness. I’ve made them for last passover dinner and they where a hit with everyone, but definitely not one of my lighter desserts! 😉
The nougat cream layer is made with my favorite iChoc nougat crisp chocolate and the soft chocolate fudge on top made with their classic mylk chocolate made from rice milk.
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that? By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you decide to give these Nougat Crisp Bars a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup (37g) flax seeds
- ¼ cup (35g) almonds
- ¼ cup (25g) cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (240g) coconut cream, chilled (thick part of the coconut cream can)
- ½ cup (75g) cashews, soaked for 6 hours (or overnight)
- 80g iChoc nougat crisp, melted
- ½ cup (75g) roasted, unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup (120g) coconut cream
- ⅓ cup (60g) coconut sugar
- ½ (125g) cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 160g iChoc classic, melted
- ⅛ cup (30g) coconut cream
- Line a 8” (20cmx20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flax seeds, almonds, cacao powder and salt in a food processor and pulse a few time until crumbly. Add in the dates and process until sticky. Place the raw mixture into the pan and press down evenly, then place in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside. Place the remaining nougat filling ingredients in a blender, add in the chocolate and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the crust and even out, then sprinkle the peanuts on top and gently press down. Place back into the freezer until firm (30-40 minutes).
- Place a small pot over medium heat. Add in the coconut cream and coconut sugar and stir to dissolve. Once the sugar has melted, take off the heat and add the peanut butter and salt and whisk continuously until smooth. Place on top of the nougat layer and even out, then place back into the freezer until firm.
- Melt the chocolate (in the microwave or water bath) and add in the coconut cream while stirring continuously. If the chocolate curdles up continue whisking, it will smoothen out. Add on top of the caramel and even out. Add some toppings if you want (nut pieces) and place back into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm. Let defrost a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Leave a Reply