If you’re looking for the ultimate fudgy brownie experience – look no further! 🙂 These delicious Pumpkin Brownies are my new fall obsession. Grab a cup of tea, cozy up on the couch and devour 1 (or 5) of these babies and your afternoon is saved. If you’re skeptical regarding vegetables and legumes in baking, these will 100% guaranteed change your mind. These Pumpkin Brownies are not only incredibly moist, gooey and full of chocolatey goodness, but actually also super nutritious thanks to a few hidden ingredients!
They’re really high in protein and can be the perfect pre or post workout snack! I’ve added my favorite vegan protein powder from Vivo Life and the addition of chickpeas and pumpkin give it an extra health boost. If you don’t know Vivo Life yet – they’re my go-to ethical company for anything vegan related: supplements, vegan protein powder, and of course matcha/turmeric/raw chocolate!
They’re available all over the US, UK, and most of Europe and I hope they’ll further expand their distribution! If you’ve never tried them and want to give it a go, the code ‘TheTastyK’ will save you some bucks!
What’s specifically so great about this company you ask? They really put an effort into creating the most sustainable and high quality products as possible. In addition to planting a tree for every order, many of their packaging is home compostable and hence made from plants instead of plastic!
But, let’s get back to the Pumpkin Brownies. They’re super easy to make as you simply throw everything into your food processor and after 30 minutes of baking you have a tray of these delicious goodies!
If you decide to give these Pumpkin Brownies a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- ½ cup (85g) chickpeas, cooked
- ¾ cup (180g) pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup (180g) almond butter
- 1 Tbsp (10g) chia seeds + 3 Tbsp (45ml) water
- ⅓ cup (110g) maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (50g) cacao powder
- ¼ cup (50g) @vivolife RITUAL plant protein (unflavored)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (45g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line an 8x8” (20x20cm) baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients, except the vegan chocolate chips to a food processor and blend for 30-40 seconds until you have a relatively smooth batter. Add in the chocolate chips and combine.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tin and even out on top. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Let cool down completely before cutting. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!
Leave a Reply