If you’ve been following my blog for a while you’ll know that one of my favorite things to do is recreate vegan versions of our dearly loved childhood treats. If you don’t know my recipes yet for Vegan Kinder Bueno – Vegan Kinder Délice – Vegan Twix Bars – Snickers Bites or Vegan Kinder Maxi King you should check them out ASAP! These delicious Vegan Mars Bars (Ice Cream) are no exception!
For an authentic result I’ve used vegan milk chocolate to cover the bars! My all time favorite is the classic rice milk chocolate from my friends over at iChoc
If you’re not familiar yet with iChoc – oh boy you’re missing out! They’re my FAVORITE vegan chocolate brand out there and I’m obsessed with their large variety of flavors. They make all their chocolates with rice milk and furthermore support organic ingredients, environmentally-friendly packaging and fair wages for suppliers in the production of ethical chocolate that goes beyond just veganism! How awesome is that?
By now their chocolates are available throughout most of Europe, Canada, Australia and many more countries, but for the nearest supplier next to you make sure to contact them on Facebook or Instagram!
If you decide to give these Vegan Mars Bars (Ice Cream) a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with. Love and enjoy! ♥
- 12oz (340g) silken tofu
- ¾ cup (170g) solid chilled coconut cream, full-fat
- 7oz (200g) @ichoc_vegan_chocolate classic , melted
- 4 Tbsp (65g) hazelnut butter
- 2 Tbsp (15g) cacao powder
- 1 cup (225g) solid chilled coconut cream, full-fat
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp (10g) cornstarch
- 8.5oz (240g) @ichoc_vegan_chocolate classic , melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Make the nougat layer by combining all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blending for 1 minute until smooth. Line a 8x8” (20x20cm) pan with parchment paper and pour the filling inside. Even out the top and place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- In a small pan, add the coconut cream, brown sugar and cornstarch. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly while the coconut cream melts. The mixture will get bubbly and almost foamy. Lower the heat to a simmer and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. If you want salted caramel, add a pinch of salt. Pour the caramel over the nougat layer, even out and place back in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool down a bit. Remove the nougat-caramel mixture from the pan, cut in equally shaped bars and cover each bar with chocolate.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to chill. Let defrost for a few minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!