These Pickled Red Onions are my favorite go-to topping for anything from toasts to salads, hummus bowls, tacos and wraps! They’re so incredibly easy to make and will spice up your dish with a delicious tangy aftertaste. This recipe is an absolute MUST for weekly meal prep as it’s so easy, cheap and absolutely delicious! Great way to support your gut for improved digestion, too!
Pickled Red Onions
Author: The Tasty K
- 2-3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper corns (optional)
- ¾ cup vinegar (I recommend white it apple)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the onion, garlic and pepper corns in an airtight jar.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir together, before adding it to the jar.
- Close the jar, shake a few times and rest for 8-12 hrs before placing into the fridge.
Leave a Reply