I must admit that cheese is probably the most addictive food and therefore the hardest to abstain from when following a plant-based diet. This cashew cream cheese recipe though really saved me and I use it regularly in all kinds of foods. The great thing is that you can adjust the ingredients according to your taste. Once you play a bit with the amounts you’ll quickly find out which ingredient should be dominant in the taste (I like it with lots of lemon juice and garlic). It’s is super practical because you can just use it as a dip for veggies, a spread on bread and crackers or as a cheese substitute when making sushi, pizza or bourekas (savoury pastry).
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (medium sized)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- a handful of chopped herbs (parsley & chives)
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for 2-3 minutes until you get a creamy consistence.
- Adjust the amounts according to your taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.