For the rice:
- 1 cup red rice
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1/3 Tbsp sea salt
For the fillings:
- sweet potato
- cashew cream cheese
- sesame seeds
- Start by preparing the rice. Rinse 1 cup of red rice and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime place all ingredients for the seasoning into a pan and stir until resolved.
- Mix the seasoning into the warm rice, mix well and let cool down.
- In the meantime prepare the fillings by slicing them into thin pieces.
- Prepare the rolling matt (I put plastic wrap around it several times so the rice doesn’t stick to the wood) and a sheet of nori (half or 3/4 of the sheet is usually enough for simple maki rolls).
- When the rice has cooled down, put a very thin layer of the rice all over the nori sheet with your wet hands.
- Arrange the fillings (cream cheese first) in a line at the bottom 3/4 of the sheet and start rolling the sheet over the fillings until all veggies are covered. Compress the roll with your hands and continue until it’s all rolled up.
- Cut the roll into small sushi pieces and serve with soy sauce!