I know, it’s summer and, at least in Cyprus, boiling hot! But, I’m still eating soups just because they’re perfect when you want to use any leftovers and save tons of time on busy days. Plus they’re great to stretch the dollar/euro and still get an awesome meal in with all the nutrients. This Spicy Peanut Soup is my new absolute favorite! I’m in love with everything peanut, so peanut soup is basically heaven on earth for me! And for all the strange people out there who don’t fancy peanut as much as I do :P, don’t worry, the peanut taste is actually not very strong because the tomato taste takes over! 🙂
Plus, if you’re allergic, just substitute with cashew or sunflower seed butter and voila! Also, if you don’t necessarily have all the same ingredients in the house, just use what you have. Try sweet potato or pumpkin instead of the butternut squash and spinach instead of collard greens!
It’s actually the first time that I have tried and used collard greens. For some weird reason I have always been afraid of it’s bitter taste and didn’t quite know how to cook with it. But, what can I say, it’s never to late to try new things. And, oh boy, I’m in love! Like this I have found a great new way to get in tons of these delicious greens and couldn’t be happier about it! 🙂
It’s also one of the first times that I tried using my new Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro! Basically it’s everything I’ve wished for and more. You just throw everything inside, press a few buttons, go for a run or whatever and have a delicious meal ready at your return. Such a smart and useful machine! I gotta note, the voice coming out of the appliance continuously freaks out my cat 😀 but that’s something I’m willing to accept. 😉
So far, I’ve made perfect white & brown rice and several soups with it and I can’t wait to try out all the other functions! I’m going to write a detailed full review of the Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro very soon, once I have a better picture of it’s abilities. But until now, I absolutely love it (and so does my boyfriend).
If you decide to give this delicious spicy peanut soup a try, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me (@thetastyk) and #thetastyk on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with and share all your photos. Love and enjoy! ♥
Also, make sure to check out Kate’s blog Cookie + Kate, as she is the one who inspired me with this beautiful recipe!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger powder/fresh ginger
- 1 tsp red curry paste (or more if you like it very spicy)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- ½ block firm tofu
- 1 bunch collard greens, destemmed and chopped
- 3.5-4 cups vegetable stock (this depends on how liquidy you want the soup to be)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup passata
- Roasted peanuts
- Lemon juice
- 4 portions of brown rice
- Cut all the vegetables as instructed and place them into the pressure cook (or normal pot).
- Whisk together the peanut butter, tomato paste, curry paste, passata and a bit of the veggie stock until creamy.
- Add the creamy sauce and the remaining veggie stock into the pressure cook pot.
- Close the lid, choose the soup menu and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice, peanuts and lemon on top.
- *if you are left with too much liquid after cooking, simply add 1-2 Tbsp of tapioca or corn starch for creaminess
To save this recipe on Pinterest, simply move your mouse over the picture below and pin it!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust. This is a great and easy way to support me, without spending extra money and I would be eternally grateful for your help!