- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3 cups of cold water
- 3–5 pitted dates (according to desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Drain and rinse your soaked nuts and add all the ingredient to a blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until combined (you will still see almond pieces inside).
- Put a strainer over a medium sized bowl and place a cloth diaper into it (alternatively you can use a nut milk bag, thin t-shirt or nylon for the straining process).
- Pour the almond mixture into your strainer of choice, gather the edges of the cloth, lift it up and begin ‘milking’. Press out all the liquid with your hands until every last drop is inside the bowl.
- Save the leftover almond meal for baking.
- Store the mylk in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy cold!
Makes about 750ml