This cherry chia jam is truly amazing! Ever since I discovered how to use my favourite fruits together with chia seeds in order to make jam, I’m doing it all the time. It’s just such so easy and healthy – you’ll love it! You can basically replace the cherries for any other fruit, frozen or fresh, and in less than 5 minutes whisk together your own jam. So far, I loved the cherry, strawberry and raspberry combinations but there are so many more I want to try. The great thing is that this jam is super healthy, all natural and you can adjust the sweetness according to your own taste. Also, if you use fresh and ripe fruits, you might now even need any added sweeteners because of the fruit’s natural sweetness. This jam is great to incorporate into baking, like my cherry crumble bars, or simply on a toast with peanut butter! 🙂
- 350g frozen cherries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds, plus more if needed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup or pure date syrup, to taste
- Heat up a small sauce pan over medium heat and pour in the cherries (either frozen or fresh).
- Add the lemon juice and cook until soft (if it's sour cherries you might want to skip the lemon juice).
- Mash the cherries with a back of a fork or potato masher until you get a smooth consistency (if you want a really smooth jam without fruit pieces quickly mix the cherries up in a blender for a few seconds).
- Take off the heat and stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and chia seeds. You might want to take less or more sweetener, according to your taste.
- Once combined, let cool down and transfer into an air tight jar or other container.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.
[…] almonds, which I put to good use in these yummy cherry crumble bars. They go hand in hand with the cherry chia jam, so obviously if you change the jam to another fruit, you’ll get the crumble bars of this […]