- Heat up a small sauce pan over medium heat and pour in the cherries (either frozen or fresh).
- Add the lemon juice and cook until soft (if it’s sour cherries you might want to skip the lemon juice).
- Mash the cherries with a back of a fork or potato masher until you get a smooth consistency (if you want a really smooth jam without fruit pieces quickly mix the cherries up in a blender for a few seconds).
- Take off the heat and stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and chia seeds. You might want to take less or more sweetener, according to your taste.
- Once combined, let cool down and transfer into an air tight jar or other container.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours and enjoy!