- Place a sieve over a medium sized glass bowl and drain your canned chickpeas. Measure 1/2 cup of aquafaba and place it into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate in a water bath and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Take the bowl with aquafaba out of the fridge and use a stand or electric hand mixer to beat the aquafaba on high until stiff peaks form. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes (good thing: you can’t over beat aquafaba so better do it a bit longer).
- Add in the maple syrup and coffee extract and continue beating for another 1-2 minutes. You know it’s done when you turn the bowl upside down and the aquafaba stays in place (see video).
- Pour the cooled down melted chocolate into your aquafaba mix and carefully use a spatula to combine (don’t use the mixer or you’ll loose all the fluffiness).
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into 4 small serving bowls and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour (for extra firm results better 3-4 hours).
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings and berries and serve!
As in all of my recipes, 1 cup equals 250 ml.