One of my all time favorites are these delicious rainbow summer rolls. They are so simple to make and you can just stuff in all the ingredients you like. They are the perfect snack for when it’s hot outside or when you need a quick but energizing lunch because they are loaded with fresh greens, fruits, and healthy fats. I like to fill them with avocado, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, papaya/mango and pomegranate seeds, but basically, I always end up just using whatever fresh I have in the fridge. I love to dip them into peanut sauce but you could also just mix up a spicy vegan mayonnaise or simply soy or teriyaki sauce.
Lately I’ve been loving to add marinated tofu and tempeh into the rolls and it just takes them to another level! You could also add a layer of hummus or any kind of spread that you have in the house for extra nutrients and taste! 🙂
- rice paper
- marinated tofu/tempeh
- pomegranate seeds
- red cabbage
- Slice all the vegetables and fruits into thin strips/pieces about 5-6 cm long.
- Take a rice paper wrapper and soak it into warm water from both sides until it softens.
- Place it on a cutting board and arrange the fresh ingredients in the centre of the sheet horizontally (starting with the lettuce).
- Fold the rice paper over the ingredients (pushing them back) and fold the sides in towards the middle like a burrito. Roll it up firmly until the end and put aside.
- After you finished the rolls you can cut them in half and place on a serving platter or a bowl.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients together and stir until you get a creamy dip (add more water for desired consistency).
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and if you purchase through those links I’ll receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. I’m only affiliated with companies and products that I recommend and trust.